The blog of Beth Cramer, librarian and Doctoral candidate at Appalachian State University, on her month long volunteer stay with the Osu Children's Library Fund (OCLF) in Accra, Ghana.

This blog records my experience through journaling and recording images in photographs and video. My personal story contains descriptions of the operations at OCLF, including my duties as a volunteer; reflections on international library development; and my interactions with the people and culture of Ghana (including weekend adventures).

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nima Learning Center

(Below) Taufic at the Nima Learning Center
Three evenings last week I visited the Nima Education Center across the street from the guest house. During these visits I spoke with various staff and volunteers about the activities, programs, history, and importance of the Nima Education Center. The Center was built in 2006, a joint project between The Osu Children's Library Fund and the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA). I learned so much about the Nima Learning Center I have written a separate 'page,' available on the left sidebar, underneath the Flickr photostream or by clicking here.


I want to thank Taufic, Michael, Martin, and Nathaniel for the time they spent with me and the wonderful conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment